Saturday, December 18, 2021

7 YEARS WITHOUT MY SON

 December 18, 2021

7 years....I am not sure how that happened.  I do know that it is so hard without my son here.  There are so many life changes that I wish Cody experienced.  The first one is that he would be an uncle.  He would love that role.  I am thankful for my daughter in law for not forgetting him and teaching Mia about him.  They would have loved each other.  I know Cody would love Lisa too. I wish they could have met.  I know he would be so proud of Casey.  Not sure he would have liked me moving to Florida...he hated the heat and said everything was so slow here.  And it is.  I wonder where Cody would be and what he would be doing.  I have a feeling he would be with the Islanders in some kind of top management position.  He loved that team.  Life is just so hard when you think of those things.  I miss Cody each and every day.  I feel his presence and I know he is  guiding all of us.  

Today I volunteered at a new foundation for sick children. It was brunch with Santa and I helped the kids write letter to Santa.  I know if Cody was here he would have been right next to me.  It was a beautiful morning seeing some kids smile for the first time in a long time. 

Tonight I went to dinner with Roy and his girlfriend.  It was very nice.  Then we met Dad and Bonnie at the beach and tried to let a lantern go it.  I did not get the good ones so that did not work out too well but we managed to send one up.  Roy is great and I am lucky to have him.  

Good night everyone.  I hope I can sleep.  Casey, Lisa and Mia will be here in the morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment