Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1, 2013

Happy December.  Gonna be a hectic one for us.  Chemo tomorrow and radiation starts tomorrow.  Long 6 weeks of radiation.  I think I am more nervous than Cody is.  It is just something a parent goes through.  It is tough when it is your son.  Pray for him.
Good day today.  We visited his good friend, Jimmy Reiser and his parents.  Cody and Jimmy played soccer when they were 5.  It is always hard for me to see those that are Cody's age and how strong and healthy they look, especially next to Cody.  As you can see, it is an emotional day for me.
My friend, Jean came by and brought us a tree. My old one was history last year.  We used a small one last year and now we will get some lights and decorate this one.  Cody doesn't love doing it so I can have it ready for him when he comes home Friday.   She also brought me a prayer shawl that she knitted.  Her pastor and church group prayed on it and it is very special.  I will sneak and wrap it around Cody when he sleeps tonight.
Early morning tomorrow and it begins again.  Need the next six weeks to fly by.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Mary. Prayer shawls are cool. I am praying hard for you as a fellow mother, and of course for Cody as he faces this new and difficult regimen. God bless you both. + XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MG...I appreciate that...he is a fighter!!
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete